From This Is Dorset
AFC Bournemouth have written to the local authority to show their dismay after Travellers pitched up in King's Park - next to the Seward Stadium.
As part of the Dorset club's application for new training facilities - the Cherries offered to tarmac and landscape the car park where the Travellers have arrived.
AFC Bournemouth chairman Eddie Mitchell said: "The state of the two-acre car park is such that it is a magnet to this type of invasion. Whilst the park is here for all to enjoy, it is about time the council fast tracked our offer and recent planning application, which is currently being considered.
"We wish to remove the piles of fly tipping and carry out major landscaping and re-surfacing of the car park."
Bournemouth Borough Council are taking action along with Dorset Police after the travellers arrived on Sunday April 15. Seven vehicles are currently at the site. It is believed to be the same group of Travellers that were previously at the Terrace Mount car park in the town centre.
Gary Josey, Service Director for Housing, Landlords, Parks and Open Spaces, said: "Our council officers and the Police have taken action following this recent Traveller encampment. They will be doing all they can, taking the necessary legal action to move them on as soon as possible.
"In the meantime, the Police and our council officers are visiting the site on a regular basis throughout the day. Our officers will be carrying out littler picks and supplying the Travellers with refuse bags for their waste."
AFC Bournemouth want assurance from the council that they will provide full-time park-keepers to police the park, including at the club's proposals for a new development around the stadium.
"It is not just the football club, but the residents around the park who suffer due to the uneven dust bowl, which is very commonly used as a skidpan" added Mitchell.
"It is within the park that the dangerous and heavy lorries practice their manoeuvres and send clouds of dust drifting through the park onto the stadium and houses beyond."
Council officers have informed the Travellers that they must move or an eviction order will be sought - which would prevent future encampments on the site. Action is now underway to seek a court hearing as soon as possible.
see also The Dorset Echo Hearing sought over Travellers at King's Park