Thursday 11 July 2013

Travellers causing 'absolute nightmare' for pub - Staffordshire

From the Uttoxeter Advertiser Post and Times

A VILLAGE landlord has accused Travellers of ‘killing’ his trade after they arrived unexpectedly on field behind his pub.

Patrick Hindson said the Travellers set up home at The Swan Inn, in Lichfield Road, Draycott in the Clay, on Sunday evening, leaving him with the difficult task of moving them on.

The 26-year-old said: “I have not long come back to the pub and have been building it up to the level I want it at but the pub has been dry since they turned up as a lot of people are being put off as there is more police about.

“They just turned up without warning and it is killing my trade at the moment.

“I have been in touch with the legal team and the brewery as the police said there is nothing they can do about it.

“I need to take an injunction out against them through the courts but that could take a month. I have a caravan club coming in two weeks so I need to shift them to get the club in.

“They are very worried at the minute as it is just an absolute nightmare.

“At the moment there are three caravans and about 10 people.

“The police have told me they have come from Sudbury. All of the locals in the village are worried.

“I just want people to stick by me while I sort it out.”

A Staffordshire Police spokesman said: “Police were made aware of Travellers parked on a field near the Swan pub off the A515 at Draycott-in-the-Clay at around 2pm on Monday, July 8.

“Local officers are aware of their presence and have spoken with the landowner who is in the process of securing an eviction order to remove them.

“Officers will continue to monitor the situation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.